All inbound travelers
City of Baguio real-time monitoring of Covid-19 Cases.Covid-19 Hotlines
Telephone:(074) 442-1900, (074) 442-1905, (074) 661-1455
Cellular: Globe(0927) 628-0498, Smart(0999) 678-4335endcov19.baguio.gov.ph
Economic Stimulus Package
Baguio In My Pocket
Baguio in my pocket is a collection of applications that aims to promote an e-government ecosystem of hands-free transactions, citizen data management, contact tracing and other essential services for the people of Baguio City.
City Veterinary Office
A progressive, peaceful, clean and safe Baguio – free of hot meat and free of rabid and or stray animals.
Create an environment with the support and cooperation of government and private leaders, businessmen, employees and citizen that will protect and safeguard public health through the provision of clean, safe and sound meat for human consumption and the prevention and control of animal diseases, especially those transferable to man and those of economic importance.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
It is the primary goal of the City Veterinary Office to strengthen its organization and improve its services so that the following concerns will be achieved:
1.Provision of basic veterinary services
2.Control canine rabies and other zoonotic diseases
3.Control and regulate the safe of hot meat in the City of Baguio
4.Regulate slaughterhouses and the keeping of domestic animals in the City
5. Provide satisfactory abattoir services
6. Provide veterinary and technical services to livestock production and related livelihood programs
7. Empower implementors, personnel and clients through the provision of a program or trainings on human resource development
WHAT WE DO
The Local Government Code of 1991 mandated the Veterinary Office to develop plans and strategies, particularly those that have to do with veterinary related activities. The functions of the office are as follows:
- Advise the mayor on all matters pertaining to the slaughter of animals for home consumption and the regulation of slaughterhouses;
- Regulate the keeping of domestic animals;
- Regulate and inspect poultry, milk and dairy products for public consumption;
- Enforce all laws and regulations for the prevention of cruelty to animals;
- Take the necessary measures to eradicate, prevent or cure all forms of animal diseases;
- Be in the frontline of veterinary related activities, such as in the outbreak of highly contagious and deadly diseases and in situations resulting in the depletion of animals for work and human consumption, particularly those arising from and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters;
- Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the mayor on all matters relative to veterinary services, which will increase the number and improve the quality of livestock, poultry and other domestic animals used for work or human consumption; and,
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Our programs and services
Animal Health Division
- Impounding Services
- Impounding of stray pet
- Pick-up of surrendered unwanted pets
- Adoption of impounded pets
- Donation of impounded pets
- Euthanizes unredeemed impounded dogs
Preventive Animal Health Management
- Conduct Anti-rabies vaccination on companion animals in various barangays;
- Conduct Anti-rabies vaccination on companion animals for walk-in clients;
- Immunizes large animals/ruminants against Hemorrhagic Septicemia & hogs against Hog Cholera;
- Conduct random avian blood sampling;
- Cares and maintains for animals’ health and population;
- Monitors livestock animal and disease surveillance.
- Provides treatment to small animals;
- Implement deworming medication to large and small animals.
Animal Population Control
- Neutering of male dogs and cats
- Spaying of female dogs and cats
Information Education Campaign
- Conducts information education campaign on Rabies & other animal diseases
- Conducts information education campaign on responsible pet ownership
Public Health Monitoring
- Dog Bite Investigation/Animal Surveillance
- Livestock population survey
TIPS FOR RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERSHIP
- Train your dog on basic obedience.
- Feed your dog regularly and with a balance diet.
- Give your dog its own dish.
- Train your dog to go home.
- Be sure that your dog receives anti-rabies vaccination annually.
- Let not your dog be a nuisance to others by its continuous barking.
- Keep your dog clean by bathing it every other day.
- Be sure your dog drinks clean water.
- Give your dog its own place to rest.
Abattoir and Slaughterhouse Management Division
Regulation and Inspection of Fish and Meat Products
- Perform various phases of meat inspection procedures on meat stalls & slaughterhouses to ensure the safety of meat and meat products being sold to the public;
- Recommend to the City Veterinarian appropriate measures concerning meat inspection work to prevent spread of zoonotic diseases in the city;
- Act as team leader during confiscation of “Hot meat” and other related activities;
- Inspect, check and verify supporting papers of meat being brought into the markets and/or being offered for sale.
- Receives all incoming food animals for temporary shelter
- Maintain record of all food animals for temporary shelter and for slaughter
- Maintain cleanliness inside the temporary shelter
- Monitor the physical condition of all food animals inside the shelter
Slaughterhouse Operation Service
- Conducts hygienic slaughter activity of all food animals
- Cleaning and disinfection of slaughterhouse
- Monitor & supervise registered private butchers & helpers in dispatching the carcasses for trading
- Monitor the correct number of food animals released to the clients
- Supervise & monitor the hygienic transfer of carcass
- Supervise and assist the licensing of butchers and meat handlers;
- Formulate orientation and training designs for butchers and meat handlers in terms of hygiene, sanitation and proper handling of meat and meat products on market and slaughterhouses.