All inbound travelers
Economic Stimulus Package
Baguio In My Pocket
Baguio in my pocket is a collection of applications that aims to promote an e-government ecosystem of hands-free transactions, citizen data management, contact tracing and other essential services for the people of Baguio City.
City General Services Office
The General Services Office is an office/department under the executive arm of the City Government of Baguio. It is one of the mandatory offices created under the RA 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991. Its creation was evident in providing expertise in technical assistance and support to the City Mayor in the implementation of measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and adequate facilities. The GSO has been tasked in developing general services plans and strategies and implements the same upon the approval of the City Mayor.
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and provide technical and support assistance to the City Mayor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities which require general services and technical services;
- Devise plans and strategies on general services supportive to the general welfare of the inhabitants and implements the same upon approval thereof by the City Mayor;
- Take custody of and be accountable for all properties, real or personal owned by the city and those granted to it in the form of donation, reparation, assistance and counterpart of joint projects;
- Assigns building or land space to local officials or other public officials, who by law are entitled to such space with approval by the City Mayor;
- Recommend to the City Mayor reasonable rental rates of private properties, which may be leased for official use of the city;
- Recommend to the City Mayor reasonable rental rates of city properties, whether real or personal, which may be leased to public or private entities of the city;
- Supervises janitorial, security and other related services in all city public buildings and other real property whether owned or leased by the city and performs minor repair and maintenance within the City Hall premises;
- Performs effective and efficient procurement of supplies and other items based on purchase requests in accordance with procurement laws;
- Collates and disseminates information regarding prices, shipping and other costs of supplies and other items commonly used by the city;
- Perform archival and records management with respect to official documents of offices/departments of the city and enforces policies on records creation, maintenance and disposal of valueless records;
- Be in the frontline of general services related activities, such as the possible or imminent destruction or damage of records, properties and structures and the orderly and sanitary clearing up of waste materials or debris, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters;
- Perform functions pertaining to property management including disposal of unserviceable government properties;
- Ensures prompt and effective solid wastes management in the city; efficiently collects and disposes properly segregated solid waste in the city;
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advice the City Mayor on all other matters relative to general services; and
- Implement other duties and functions as may be prescribed by laws and ordinances and directives from the City Mayor.
We shall create a sustainable and enabling environment that will promote economic stability and ensure the general well-being of our citizenry.
An Office to protect and manage the limited resources of the City Government including logistical support to public governance and shall endeavor to guarantee the protection of the environment through an ecological solid waste management system.
To provide prompt delivery of general services for the welfare of our clients and to protect the environment through sustainable management of solid wastes for the general well-being of the inhabitants of the city.
- ASSET and PROPERTY DIVISION:
- Plans, monitors and implements programs and activities on the proper use of Property, Plant and Equipment (PPEs);
- Custodianship of all City Government properties and assigns property number to all PPEs;
- Performs physical inventory of city owned movable and immovable properties;
- Monitor and supervises janitorial, security, parking system and building maintenance;
- In charge in the disposal of unserviceable properties;
- Maintenance of City Government of Baguio's vehicles; and
- Provides logistics support to government programs, events and activities.
- SUPPLY and PROCUREMENT DIVISION:
- Tasks in the procurement of all goods and services requested by the departments in the City Government of Baguio;
- Evaluates all prepared documents relative to supplies and procurement;
- Draft policies, guidelines, plans relative to supply & procurement;
- Responsible in the safekeeping and warehousing of common-used-supplies carried on stock;
- Inspection of all deliveries of goods and services and inspection of refueling of government vehicles;
- Prepares Purchase orders and disbursement vouchers;
- RECORDS AND ARCHIVES DIVISION:
- Repository of all permanent/archival records of the City Government of Baguio;
- Appraisal and evaluates all transmitted Prepares documents as to Permanent, Temporary and Valueless records;
- In charge in the disposal of valueless records of the city;
- Maintains and updates the registry book of permanent documents and artefacts;
- Monitors the implementation of the records management manual of the city;
- Conducts research/documentation relative to historical events and inform,ation to chronicle the history of the city;
- SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DIVISION:
- In charge in the collection of solid waste in the Central Business District, City Market and different barangays in the city;
- Maintains the cleanliness of major thoroughfares in the city;
- Facilitates Information Education Campaign on proper solid waste management;
- Manages the operation of the Waste Transfer Station;
- Implements plans and programs for environmental sustainability;
- ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION:
- Implements the departmental policies, rules and regulations and other provisions of the Civil Service law;
- Provides organizational support to the different divisions of the Office;
- Performs the tasks for the day-to-day operation of the office such as receiving, recording, routing of communications;
- Prepares all financial transactions of the office;
- Implements records and supply management; and
- Provides transportation services.