All inbound travelers
To all inbound travellers with Indispensable Travel or Work Related Travel, HDF Registration, Travel Authority / Travel Order along with Medical Certificate issued 3 days prior to your entry is still required by the City of Baguio.Online Registration Form
City of Baguio real-time monitoring of Covid-19 Cases.Covid-19 Hotlines
Telephone:(074) 442-1900, (074) 442-1905, (074) 661-1455
Cellular: Globe(0927) 628-0498, Smart(0999) 678-4335endcov19.baguio.gov.ph
Six Major City Projects Funded by National Government to Begin Soon
September 22, 2020 – Six major city projects funded by the national government will soon break ground in the city following resolution of fund hitches caused by the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) crisis.
Mayor Benjamin Magalong and City Administrator Bonifacio Dela Peña said the implementation of the following projects will start soon or upon downloading of the funds from the Dept. of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) within the next two weeks:
Burnham Park drainage rehabilitation along Lake Drive worth P93 million; widening of Marcos Highway (P93 million) and Baguio-Bauang or Naguilian Road (45 million); extension of Baguio Athletic Bowl bleachers, P45 million; sidewalk rehabilitation along Gov. Pack Road (P14 million) and Leonard Wood Road (P26 million); and construction of barangay halls at Bakakeng Central (P56 million) and at Quirino Hill (P37 million).
Dela Peña said the projects planned by the city government in 2019 had been bidded out and were set for implementation this year but due to the health crisis, said infrastructure works were temporarily shelved as funds were withheld for the COVID-19 response by the Dept. of Budget Management.
Last week, the city received news that the budget had been restored and will soon be downloaded to begin the multi-year prosecution of the projects spread out from 2020 to 2021.
Two other projects are also being finalized for bidding soon. These are the youth convergence center and indoor sports complex worth P434 million which will be jointly funded by the local government and the Office of Senator Vicente Sotto III and the four-storey parking structure at the Baguio Athletic Bowl costing P110 million to be financed by the city government.
Dela Peña said the drainage project will connect the Lake Drive system to the main drainage along Magsaysay Avenue and will solve the flooding problem at the park and adjacent roads. It will employ a new technology and will use structural pipes six meters long and with a diameter of 1.8 and Teflon inside coating instead of the ordinary reinforced concrete previous used.
He said this will be the first of the two phases, the second being planning for 2021 which will connect the Lake Drive system to the one in Kisad.
The road widening projects at the two major highways in the city culminates the road obstruction clearing works done at the start of the mayor’s administration also in compliance with the national government directives.
The modernized barangay hall projects are intended to serve as blueprint for similar structures in the city. The revised program of work provides that the first floor will serve as barangay and multi-purpose hall while the upper floor will house the basketball court which will double as evacuation centers during calamities.
For the youth center project, the city was guided by Philippine Sports Commission consultant Arch. Noel Elnar to ensure that will be at par with international standards. Dela Peña said only PSC-accredited companies will be allowed to bid in the project.
The parking building at the Athletic Bowl, meanwhile, will sport a lounge area at the rooftop to serve as view deck for ongoing programs and competitions. It will also be subjected to bidding as soon as plans are finalized. – Aileen P. Refuerzo