City Aministrator's Office
What are the functions of the city administrator? Is the office of the City Administrator (OCA) under the Mayor's Office?
• To develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the Mayor, implement the same particularly those which have to do with the management and administration -related programs and projects which the Mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide for under the Local Government Code.• To assist in the coordination of the work of all the officials of the local government unit under the supervision, direction and control of the City Mayor and for this purpose, he may convene the chief of offices and other officials of the local government unit.
• Establish and maintain personnel program, promote career development merit system.
• Institute administrative reforms.
• Provide Administrative support services particularly during calamities.
• Tourism, Special Events and Sports.
- Tourism Development Program
o Tourism Promotion
1. Tourism Development Planning
a. Domestic Tourism Program
2. Tourism Promotion and Marketing
3. Tourism Information Services
o Local and International City Sisterhood Twinning Project
1. Sister Cities
2. Technical Exchange Project
- Sports Development Program
o Sports Development Planning Assistance, rewards and incentives
o Sport promotion and implementation Assistance, rewards and incentives Coordination of all City sports activities City Employees Barangay Special groups Assistance, rewards and incentives to Baguio based athletes
- Management Coordination Services
o Deparment Head meeting
o Special Events
o Lakbay aral from other LGU's
o Visitors (Local and Foreign)
o Other undertakings of the City
- Support Services to Disasters
o Administrative services to the City Disaster Coordinating Council
What is the coverage area of the number coding scheme in Baguio?
Naguilian Road from junction of Bokawkan Road to the junction of Abanao Street-Abanao Street Extension to the junction of Yandoc Street-Yandoc Street-Legarda Road to BGH Circle-Kennon Road for BGH Circle to the Junction of Military Cut-Off Road-Military Cut-Off Road to Military Circle-South Drive from Military Circle to Teacher's Camp Road-M. Roxas Road to Trancoville Bridge-Bokawkan Road (Including part of Magsaysay Avenue below the Flyover) from the junction of La Trinidad Road and Trancoville Bridge to the junction of Naguilian Road.
When does the Panagbenga (Baguio Flower Festival) start?
It usually starts on the 14th of February and ends on the 1st week of March.
Who are the American Mayors of Baguio?
|E. W. Reynold
September 1, 1909 - February 5, 1910
|E. A. Eckman
March 1, 1910 - April 1913
|A. D. Williams
May 24, 1913 - May 16, 1918
|C. S. Dandois
June 10, 1918 - December 19, 1919
February 7, 1920 - May 31, 1937
June 1, 1937 to September 11, 1939
October 27, 1939 to May 3, 1944
|RAMON P. MITRA
May 4. 1944 to March 17, 1945
July 20, 1946 to April 8, 1950
April 9, 1950 to February 15, 1951
|VIRGINIA OTEYZA-DE GUIA
Acting City Mayor
January 11, 1954 to December 10, 1959
|BIENVENIDO R. YANDOC
January 4, 1960 to Febraury 1960
May 23, 1945 to November 4, 1945
November 5, 1945 to December 21, 1945
December 31, 1945 to July 4, 1946
April 3, 1951 to January 12, 1952
July 10, 1953 to December 21, 1953
February 16, 1951 to April 2, 1951
January 16, 1952 to July 7, 1953
December 22, 1953 to January 10, 1954
|LUIS L. LARDIZABAL
FIRST ELECTIVE CITY MAYOR
March 1, 1960 to December 27, 1979
|NORBERTO DE GUZMAN
January 1, 1964 to December 31, 1967
|ERNESTO H. BUENO
December 27, 1979 - Appointed
January 30, 1980 - Mar. 16, 1986
|FRANCISCO A. PARAAN
March 17, 1979 to January 31, 1988
|RAMON L. LABO, JR.
February 2, 1988 to October 15, 1989
|JAIME R. BUGNOSEN
October 16, 1989 to June 30, 1992
|MAURICIO G. DOMOGAN
July 1 1992 - June 30, 2001
|BERNARDO M. VERGARA
July 1, 2001 - June 30, 2004
|BRAULIO D. YARANON
July 1, 2004 - September 2006
Who is the present Mayor of Baguio City?
Reinaldo A. Bautista Jr.
What are the different tourism activities does the City have?
Link Calendar of activities posted at the website.
Who are qualified to the City sports awards and incentives?
Any Baguio based athlete who wins in regional, national and international sports competitions.
: Office of the City Administrator
City Hall, Baguio City Philippines
Ph/Fax: (+63)(074) 442-8920 / 442-8921