additional improvement works approved for block 4; application deadline for stalls on june 15
BAGUIO CITY – The city government will implement additional improvement work for the Block IV section of the city market.
Mayor Mauricio Domogan on Wednesday said the new project is separate from the original development work started by the city last year costing P18 million and covered the construction of a covered court-style open structure with a total of 412 stalls.
The city building and architecture office which prepared the program of work for the supplemental contract said the additional work will cover the construction of a basement parking, installation of drainage and electrical system and improvement of road around the perimeter.
The additional contract will cost P10,562,347.
The two contracts were confirmed last Monday by the city council.
The said project is the latest in the string of market development projects after the improvement of the burned tobacco and sari-sari sections and the Block III.
The city government has given applicants for Block IV until June 15 to file their applications based on the criteria set.
Mayor Domogan earlier said the criteria will be according to the following order of priorities: first priority will be given to vendors who were included in the census of actual occupants with permits conducted by the Baguio City Market Authority (BCMA); second priority will be those who were in the census but paid their dues only until December 2011; third, vendors who were in the census but were not paying rent; and fourth, new applicants.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents: latest 2x2 picture; any one of the following: voter’s ID/COMELEC Certification of Registration or any proof of resident in Baguio City; updated community tax certificate; business permits with proof of payment of business taxes for old occupants; official receipts as proofs of payment for the use of stall also for old occupants and application fee amounting to P300. – A Refuerzo